Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Star autoguide with RPi - (1) Foreword of this Project

Most people who enjoy taking astrophotography with autoguide system as their standard equipment.  But it requires a laptop to control it.  It takes space, consume battery power, and require complicate setup.  It is quite troublesome working with it.  It also very expensive too.

I would like to simplify that setup, reduce battery consumption with minimized budget; therefore I choose Raspberry Pi ($39), Adafruit 2.8" LCD ($35), Open CV (free), reversed telescope ($20), and a webcam ($10).

Enjoy...

5 comments:

  1. Hi
    What do you mean with ' reversed telescope ' ?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means a singlet, doublet lenses, or any telescope without eye pieces. Reversed means it will be a negative magnatification on camera sensor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get the whole "reversed telescope" part.

      Delete
  3. I would like to know more about it too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Yang,
    Would you consider selling me an SD card with CV 3 pre-loaded and ready to go? My internet here is up and down...download keeps getting interrupted!

    ReplyDelete